Great Tasting Cherry Recipe Cookbook
Over 4 Dozen Great Tasting Cherry Recipes for Every Occasion
Delicious Cherry Recipes
Sensational Stuffed Mushrooms
Hot out of the oven, mushroom caps are an elegant appetizer.
• 30 large mushrooms (about 1 pound)
• 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
• 1 cup chopped dried tart cherries
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
Pull stems from mushrooms and discard (or save for another use). Rinse mushroom caps; drain well. Set it aside.
Cook sausage in a large skillet for 5 minutes, or until the sausage is done. Stir occasionally to break up meat. Remove from heat. Add dried cherries, green onions and cream cheese; mix well.
Fill each mushroom cap with a heaping teaspoon of sausage mixture. Place filled mushrooms on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Served with grilled poultry, roast pork or tortilla chips, this spicy mixture wows traditional salsa lovers.
•1 1/3 cups frozen unsweetened tart cherries
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried tart cherries
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or canned jalapeno peppers, or to taste
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Coarsely chop frozen tart cherries. Let cherries thaw and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon cherry juice. When cherries are thawed, put drained cherries, dried cherries, onion, jalapenos, garlic and cilantro in a medium saucepan; mix well.
In a small container, combine reserved cherry juice and cornstarch; mix until smooth, then stir into cherry mixture.
Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat until mixture is thickened. Let cool. Serve with tortilla chips and/or cooked chicken or pork.
Makes about 1 cup.
By Now 60 Mouthwatering Cherry Recipes
Click on the Red Button Below for Instant Access!